2017 Blogger Recognition Award Nominee!

Thank heavens for the miracle of my five-year-old son Omer crashing earlier than usual tonight, giving me a leeway to write this post before our big move tomorrow (learn more about our move here and here!)

Now I really can’t believe it!  Two award nominations in just a month and a half into the blogosphere.  I mean how crazy is that?

Read: Liebster Award Nomination

First and foremost, thanks so much to Kristenne of the lovely Misis Blog for nominating me to the Blogger Recognition Award.  Kristenne is like my mommy blogging best friend.  I love supporting her blogging endeavors because I think that she is very articulate as well as helpful in creating informative posts for the mga nanay (mothers) out there.  Thanks Kristenne!




Now that I have been nominated, let me share a few thoughts about how my blog started and some advice I want to give to new bloggers, based on the short time since I started.

How Nanayhood Chronicles Began

I may have already mentioned in some of my previous posts that my ultimate dream/goal in this mortal life is to be a stay-at-home nanay to Omer.  This may look like a downward-facing dream for some, but to me it is the opposite.  I have never been a career woman in my life, nor do I have plans on being one.  Although I very much enjoy all the things that I do in the office as a paralegal, I think nothing could compare to staying at home, doing the laundry, baking Omer’s lunches, and decorating the home.  If only there was a way that I could do those things while earning a little income on the side to help out with our expenses…

Then my angel little sister introduced me to the world of blogging.  She is never a blogger but she loves reading lots of blogs about crafting and self-improvement.  She thought that I might be good at it and suggested that I give it a try.  I thought about it for a couple of days and decided against it but did it anyway.  Although my goal of earning income from the blog is not yet achieved, I have enjoyed writing post after post (and now receiving award after award!) about all things nanayhood (motherhood), and I’m sure will continue to do so.

Now, to You New Bloggers, I Say

  1. Set Goals. I noticed from the last one and a half months that I’ve been blogging that I tend to work harder and be more consistent when I set written goals instead of just doing whatever pops in my head.  I read from a lot of blog articles telling their readers that success comes to those bloggers who treat their blogs as business.  I totally agree!  Whenever I put my blogging notebook out and set some goals, I feel like I am in a business meeting with myself, ready to make action items and smart goals for the coming week!  I also like rewarding myself as I meet those goals. Setting realistic and measurable goals encourage hard work and consistency, two things which I think are really important in becoming successful.
  1. Read more. Even prior to starting up Nanayhood Chronicles, I have always loved reading blogs of other people and just admiring their great and useful ideas for a learning mom like me.  I think that’s how I got the habit of reading first before writing, which I find really helpful in creating valuable posts now that I am on the other side of the coin.  I would think that 70% of my blogging time goes to reading other people’s work while the other 30% goes to writing.  You may have a different story, but I find that it works for me.

Again, thanks Kristenne for nominating me to this award.  My nomination goes to the following blogs which I really like:

  1. JP Sanglap
  2. Mogul Mom Artisan
  3. Progress Residential
  4. I Read Therefore I Blog
  5. Misfit Vinegaroon
  6. Ashleigh Writes
  7. The Negative Panda
  8. Kathryn Kate
  9. Single Mommy DIY
  10. She Always Reads
  11. Megs Blogs

Feel free to do just what I did, which are: (i) share a little about how your blog started, (ii) give two bits of advice for new bloggers out there, and (iii) nominate 15 bloggers to this award.  Don’t forget to let me know when your post is out–I would love to read them!  Thanks!

Always,

cameff_1503012415567




2 Replies to “2017 Blogger Recognition Award Nominee!”

  1. Hi Joylee! I didn’t even know about this Blogger Recognition Award, very cool! Congrats on your nomination. I have only been blogging seriously the past three months or so. I am not a Mama yet, but my husband and I are hoping to start a family soon, and like you, staying home with my babies is my ultimate goal! I look forward to reading future posts, and checking out the other bloggers you mentioned! Have a great day!

    1. Hi Megan! Wow thanks! I actually lacked 5 nominees because this award requires us to nominate 15 new nominees. I just needed this to get done prior to our big move in about 9 hours! Would you mind if I added you on my list? 🙂

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *