I am so excited to accept my first ever award nomination after a month of immersing myself in the amazing world of blogging! Thanks a million to Jacqueline Frias for NOMINATING ME to the 2017 Liebster Award
for discovering new blogs. Jacqueline is a gorgeous mother of TWO UNDER TWO (who have pretty names by the way, Achilles and Jade Avery), and is the author of her MAMIHOOD BLOG. I have never experienced raising two kids in my life as a nanay (mother) so far, and raising just one boy already makes me wanna lose my mind. I salute mothers who, like Jacqueline, amidst the challenges of raising not just one kid in the home, could still manage to find time to do other things for themselves like blogging or pursuing a career! Hands down to you ladies!
I am officially accepting my nomination, but before I answer the questions posted by Jacqueline, let me share seven random facts about me:
- I have never been to any country outside the Philippines. There was a proposal for me to go to Salt Lake Utah last year for a training but the trip was eventually cancelled. I’d love to go there someday and climb up its Rocky Mountains (if that’s even possible I have no idea!). For now I want to explore the Philippines first, as I know there are lots of beautiful spots here I haven’t even seen yet.
- I have an awkward obsessive-compulsive attitude towards paying bills. I define peace and quiet when I’m sure that all our bills are paid (how weird is that!)
- I have been and will always be a fan of JK Rowling’s Harry Potter series. I used to read The Tales of Beedle the Bard to my five-year-old boy as his bedtime story, although I know that it wasn’t meant to be one (I don’t care! Haha)
- Because of my Harry Potter addiction, I even got my husband Yuli to agree to name our second child Hermione Jean, whom I lost due to miscarriage. We never learned her gender, but she was already and will forever be baby Hermione Jean to us. I have written a few posts about her. If you are interested, go check them out HERE and HERE.
- I started journaling since I was 11 years old because of a notebook given to me as a gift by my dad. I got so obsessed with that notebook that I didn’t want to skip a day without touching or writing in it. That started my love for notebooks.
- I am not a wise spender. Good thing my husband is!
- 7 is my favorite number because I am convinced JK Rowling was telling the truth when she said that seven is a magical number. 🙂
And now onto Jacqueline’s questions:
- What inspired you to start up your blog?
The push was made just this year while I was asking my youngest sister for other avenues I could explore to earn more income so that I could eventually stay at home and be a full-time nanay to my Omer. She suggested that I try blogging because she thought I might be good at it (Love you Jane!). I researched so hard on monetizing blogs and from my readings, it doesn’t look like it’s going to be easy, but I started one anyway. A month after engaging in the blogging community, however, I am now more inspired to share my story to the world and try to be of help to anyone facing the same challenges as I do.
- What is your favorite post from your blog and why?
I would pick the recent post I did about the LESSONS I LEARNED ABOUT PARENTING SO FAR because I never really expected myself to come up with such a post, until I sat down and reflected upon my motherhood experiences. Most of the time my motherhood satisfaction just comes from checking things off the list, and making sure that I keep the family alive, but it was only when I pondered about it that I realized that motherhood really affects me in a deeper sense and causing something inside me to change.
- If you could spend a day with anybody (dead or alive) who would it be and why?
It would definitely be my grandparents. I kind of took them for granted when I was young. I never even bothered asking them about their love lives, or talking to them about our family tree (thanks to my parents who already did it for me). Now that all of them are gone, there’s always a part of me that wishes I could turn back time to do things differently.
- What has been your biggest learning lesson in life?
My miscarriage last year has been my biggest eye opener of how life could get so real, and how it could turn really bad at times. That experience led me to become more sensitive to other people’s circumstances and show love to them especially during dark times. It has also led me to rely more on the divine power of the One who sees the bigger picture, and gives me those experiences for my good.
- What is the biggest misconception others might have of you?
That I am an extrovert when I am not! Although I tend to blend well with people and tend to talk to them at length sometimes, I would rather be at home all day with my boys and do stuff that we love.
- A quote to live by.
“Everything will work out in the end” – This quote is a big breather for me in times of anxiety and fear of whatever lies ahead.
Again, thanks to Jacqueline for nominating me! Now I would like to pass the baton to the following seven bloggers:
- Nadina Khalil (Life, One Day at a Time)
- Kriti Doneria (Little Things Big Outcomes)
- Aqsa Jawed (Stay Strong #girlpower)
- Pam Remoluna my friend! (Personal Blog)
- Carla Dena (Inspired Space)
- Zayyan Abrahams (Scarlet Piper)
- Luana Soares (Dias de Luana)
Here are my questions for you lovely bloggers:
- When do you find time to blog?
- If you can take someone with you in your travels, who would it be?
- What is the most extreme thing you have ever done?
- What is your favorite book or series?
- If you were going to be a character in someone’s book, who would you like to write it?
- Have you ever visited a place just because you saw it in a book/series/animation/movie? What was that place?
- How long would you survive the zombie apocalypse? Justify your answer!
In case you have any questions with how this works, you may visit this very helpful post by THE GLOBAL AUSSIE and feel free to ask him of any questions you may have.
Should you accept this nomination, please do not forget to post a comment to this blog post with a link to your acceptance post, so that I’d be able to see it. I’d be glad to! 🙂